Blogstar entry: how to look amazing in the mornings
Men have been brainwashed into thinking that women wake up in the mornings looking fresh and flawless with sexy bed hair. In reality, we know the truth! We know its not like the movies where there are professional make-up artists working their magic on glamorous female stars.
Hands up if you have ever got up before the alarm went off to fix your hair, to do a “no make-up” make-up look and to slip back into bed and pretend you just woke up looking fresh to impress your man... Don’t worry ladies, these days are over!! You don’t need to cheat anymore!
Here are 5 tips on how to look amazing in the morning :-
1. Remove all traces of make-up before sleeping and your skin will thank you in the morning!
Just because you go to bed with a face full of perfectly applied make-up, it does not mean that you will wake up with the same look. In fact, you may wake up looking scary with smeared eyeliner running down your face and on your pillow. Your skin will not be happy with being clogged up with all that foundation. Let your skin breathe!
2. After you have removed all your make-up, apply a revitalising and rejuvenating serum which works best for your skin type.
When you sleep, your skin will undergo repair and adding a potent lotion will give it an extra boost.
3. Plump up your pillow before sleeping on it
If you sleep on a raised pillow, this will encourage drainage of fluids which means less puffy and less dark circles under your eyes when you wake up in the mornings.
4. Put your hair in braids before sleeping for a cute girly look and when you wake up, loosen the braids and you’ll have sexy wavy hair.
Some women like to wrap their hair in a silk scarf and sleep like that. Sure, they will wake up with lovely hair too - but the turban scarf look does not scream sexy, and your man may think they’re sleeping with their Nana!
5. Make sure you have sugar-free mints and tinted lip balm inside the drawer on your bedside table
When the alarm goes off, reach over to turn it off...and with a slick hand move, grab a sugar-free mint and pop it in your mouth to eliminate morning breath. Quickly apply some tinted lip balm on your lips and if there’s any excess, dab some on your cheeks for that little bit of colour.
If you follow these 5 tips, not only will your partner will be impressed at how amazing you look in the mornings, but you’ll wake up feeling amazing too!