Formal hair: four ways - page 4
Bh calls upon the expertise of Matt Jones, Artistic Director of Oscar Oscar Brisbane City Salon, master of dressing tresses and the ultimate formal hair hero.
Together, we bring you four seriously sleek celeb 'dos and show you step-by-step how to mimic them yourself for DIY fierce formal locks.
Look 4: Timeless French Roll with Tyra Banks
Matt says: “This is a classic, glamorous up-style, but it can be quite tricky, so try and practice this look before your big night! It’s actually a modern version of the Classic French Roll.” Find a make-up look that’s perfect for this hairstyle ‘here’.
Get the look:
- Begin by applying some smoothing cream through the lengths of clean, dry locks so that it’s easy to manage.
- Draw your hair as you would into a low-side ponytail.
- Now hold your hair in place at your nape with one hand and with the other hand twist your hair into a rope but make sure it is pointing up (not towards the floor)
- Now you can release the hand holding your hair at the nape of your neck because the hair should be rolled quite tight.
- Next fold the ponytail in half, back towards the base (underneath), so that it doesn’t stick out over the top of your head.
- Using pins, secure your hair along the folded seam so that the pins are hidden being careful to tuck any loose bits under so the look is clean! Note: it may take a few pins, cross them over each other to ensure you have good grip.
- If you have a fringe you can finish this look by curling it and gently brushing it back towards your French roll and securing it in place with bobby pins.
Bh product picks