How-to: the perfect DIY pedicure
For summer, there is no better accessory than perfectly pedicured toes. They make your sandals look sexy and are the perfect way to showcase a perfect pop of colour! But with everyone pulling at the purse strings lately, it makes sense to learn how to achieve a pretty pedicure at home. Here’s how you do it…
Cutex 2 in 1 Base Coat
ORLY Hot Neons in Orange Punch
OPI Top Coat
- - Start by preparing a large bowl with warm water. Add a little of the Peppermint Foot Soak to ensure your feet get a good clean while the nails soften, ready for treatment.
- - Next, remove your feet and pat dry. Take your pedicure file to any dry, cracked patches on your heels and sides of your feet until your skin is smooth to touch.
- - For the softer parts of your feet, wet your hands and then add a bit of Aveda Foot Relief to them. Use circular motions to exfoliate both feet, toes and ankles.
- - Next, take your nail clipper and ensure all toenails are trimmed to your preferred length. We love the Davinci Nail Clipper for its in-built nail catcher.
- - Grab your cuticle stick and gently push back the cuticle on all ten toes, before lightly buffing your nail beds with the rougher side of the Elite Polisher. You can then use the smoother side to add shine to your nail beds.
- - Apply a layer of clear base coat to your toenails to ensure your chosen polish won’t stain your nails. We love Cutex 2 in 1 Base Coat as it helps prevent nail splitting while allowing your colour to last longer.
- - For a summer-ready colour shot, opt for Orange Punch from the ORLY Hot Neons collection. Not only will this shade look show stopping on your toes, but the shades are also long lasting so you won’t need to touch-up as often!
- - To finish, add a swipe of OPI Top Coat to ensure an even glossier finish that will also protect your colour from chipping and fading.
What are your top tips for a DIY pedicure that's sure to make you feel like you're walking on cloud 9?