How-to: do a DIY facial
Women, we’re a strange bunch. While we’re all too happy to sacrifice our time to helping others – whether it’s running the kids around, taking care of our partner or supporting a friend – we seem to have a great deal of difficulty when it comes to making time for ourselves. It seems that no matter how much we have going on in our lives, taking care of ourselves always falls to the bottom of the priority list. Well ladies, it’s time to put yourselves back on the top of that list and treat yourself to the TLC you deserve – and what better way to do it than with a good old-fashioned pampering in the form of an at-home facial? Here’s how to make your very own homemade facial and give yourself a little ‘me’ time…
Homemade facial recipe
What you’ll need:
1 teaspoon of powdered milk
1 tablespoon of ground almonds
1 tablespoon of Manuka honey
1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel (try after-sun care gel)
1. In a glass bowl, combine the powdered milk and almonds and mix well.
2. Add in the honey and aloe and stir vigorously until a smooth, thin paste forms.
3. Wash your face with tepid water (avoid hot water, which can dry out your skin) and pat dry with a towel.
4. Slather your homemade facial mixture generously all over your face and leave to sit for 15 minutes. This is the perfect time to kick back with a wine and a good mag and relax!
5. Rinse off with warm water and gently pat your face dry with a towel.
This facial recipe is ideal for dry skin or as part of your skin care routine during the hot and cold seasons when the intense effects of the weather can take their toll on your skin. Use two to three times a week for baby soft, smooth skin.